Gel coat and fiberglass maintenance and repair
Our company specializes in fiberglass repair. Scratched gel coat or cracked fiberglass? Contact our expert technicians who have the best training and over 35 years of experience in superior quality fiberglass and gel coat repair to ensure maximum durability:
– Paint and product application
– Rebuilding of motor bridges
– Rebuilding of rear panel
– Rebuilding of the hull
– Complete restoration (interior and exterior)
– Osmosis treatment
– Design, manufacture and installation of various accessories
Gel coat and its main role in fiberglass repair
– Great visual and laminated appearance
– Increased resistance in harsh weather
– Thixotropic and compact resin
– Transparent or pigmented finish with a large choice of colours
A gel coat is a thermosetting resin that provides a high quality finish for fiberglass surfaces. A gel coat can be compared to a varnish since it is the last coat applied on the structure. Gel coats are usually coloured in order to provide the required shiny/glossy and coloured surface following fiberglass repair.
Many boats are made with composite fiberglass materials. The exterior coat is most often that gel coat, typically applied for its resilience and appearance. In addition to pigments, a gel coat may contain, depending on requirements, a thixotropic additive to prevent excesses during vertical applications, improving the quality based on the type of fiberglass repair and gel coat repair.
Choosing VR Nautique for the repair and maintenance of your fiberglass boat or recreational vehicle is a bright choice!